Marketing is about adding value to people, you don’t market products rather you market the value your product is to add to the customer or prospect. With this in mind I will not be teaching you on how to market real estate products online rather I will be teaching you some of the best methods and mediums of presenting real estate values to your customers or leads.
Below are some of the rules you must keep in mind while caring out your real estate business on the internet
Rule of Thumb
The main rule of thumb that online marketing firms should follow is simply this: you must provide as much value as possible. Your online efforts will be pointless if they don’t provide a distinct benefit to your readers. Everything you do online should be done in a way that provides useful information, solves a problem, or answers specific questions.
ONLINE MARKETING TOOLS AND MEDIUM
- CREATE GUIDES
Create guides that help your readers better understand your market. These free guides should give value to your readers. Here are some firms currently using this methods and their sales cannot be compared to other firms that are doing otherwise
- They provide definite guide on how to buy property without failing to scam
- They educate their readers about laws of the land regarding land ownership in Nigeria
- The relevant documents to look or request for when purchasing land
- Proposed government development plan in areas close to your real estate products
- A guide that discusses the most kid-friendly places in your city.
- Annual guides that discuss the changes in your local real estate market.
Guides such as these can help you provide relevant and helpful information to prospects that may be looking for a real estate agent in your area. They are also a great lead generator. If you offer the guide in exchange for the reader’s email, then you will be able to help them while earning the right to reach out to them.
- REAL ESTATE NEWSLETTERS
A great way to keep your clients engaged (even after you have already helped them) is to have a regular newsletter. Creating a newsletter will further position your firm as an authority in your area. As a real estate agent or firm, you can use newsletters to provide relevant and helpful content to your audience on a continuous basis. Your newsletter should provide timely information about your community, information on events going on in the city, and other useful content. You can also use it to alert your audience to new blog posts.
I have noticed that one of the challenges of most real estate agents and companies, is how do I get the emails to which I will be sending the newsletter?
Here is the answer to the How?
- Newsletter signup forms (In Every website, blog or email you own, provide your readers with a simple and short form requesting for their emails and other possible contact details.
Note: Sending emails to someone without his/her permission or not informing them where you got their email from is a wrong practice, though it is very common, such emails or messages are regarded as spam and invasion of privacy.
- Yellow Pages: This is a telephone directory or a section of one, printed on yellow paper and listing businesses and other organizations according to the goods or services they offer, there you will find their emails and other contact details.
- Call to action button on social media (e.g. Facebook sign-up button) etc.
Some Elements You must not undermine in your Real Estate News Letter
- Good Content: Sending new property listing emails to people who just bought land/house that just doesn’t make any sense. Good content marketing is meant to help, not sell, and engage your reader through interesting topics. A good way to describe this style of content would be something typically adjacent to your industry but not about you or your business.
- 2. Strong Subject Lines: Your email subject lines are like first impressions. You need to take advantage of this short text opportunity to create intrigue for higher open rates, build trust with your readers, and be short and to the point. The subject line of this example email is short enough to be fully read on a mobile device, but long enough to convey the entire message.
- Calls-to-Action: Just because the newsletters you’re sending aren’t about getting the business right now, doesn’t mean you can’t be ready to do business with someone when they’re ready. Your newsletters should make it incredibly simple for people to get in touch with you, refer friends, and more.
- Visually Appealing: Stock corporate art, colors that aren’t your brand, and formatting that doesn’t work for all device types are all elements that you need to address in order to build a highly read and engaged newsletter. Your newsletter should also be representative of you and your brand too from colors to subject material. If you need help with this, we can provide you with the service.
- REAL ESTATE WEBSITE/BLOGS
With the advent of various content management systems, like WordPress, Joomla, Dropal and many more, it is now possible to combine your website and your blog with ease. As a real estate agent or company, your primary online marketing tool should be your blog. Your blog is where you will share your most relevant and informative content on a regular basis. When you maintain a blog that regularly features unique and interesting information, it shows prospects that you are the expert at what you do.
Your blog will help you set yourself apart from the other real estate company/agents in your area who aren’t taking their online efforts seriously. Here are some helpful tips for maintaining a successful real estate blog:
- Post on topics that your prospects will care about. Answer commonly-asked questions. Give updates on the community. Spotlight local businesses. Educate your readers on your city, state and nation. By the way let me ask you one question, if you are a real estate agent, where is the Dangote refinery being constructed, how many hours driving distance from Lekki? And when will it be completed? I bet very few might know these information and these are the questions most intending buyers are asking. If you already have a blog, does your blog answer these questions?
- Write in a friendly, casual tone. Don’t be too wordy. Your blog isn’t the place to show your reader how brilliant you are. It’s where you will provide as much value as possible.
- Do not use your blog to promote your services or try to sell yourself. There are other places on your website for that.
- Try to make sure that your brand’s message comes through in each blog post you create.
- GUEST BLOGGING
Guest blogging is a method used by bloggers to increase blog traffic where bloggers write posts to be published on other bloggers’ blogs. A sure fire way to build authority and influence is to share your content on other blogs. This gets you more exposure and shows potential prospects that you are an expert in your field.
How it works? Find blogs that are relevant to your profession and register or signup if need be and become involved in the community. Then, pick a blog topic on which to write at the end of every post you make or contribution you give add a link to your blog. (Eg: For more information click Here) and if your article was informative or helpful other members or participants will definitely click.
Not only does guest posting give you a platform to showcase your expertise, it can also increase your blog traffic and provide useful backlinks. This is great for your readership and SEO. Try to do as many guest blog postings as you can.
For Further Resources and Training
Visit Lekki Computer School
Enroll with Lekki Computer School to help you maximize your understanding of the internet marketing and other professional Courses Training.